Thursday, July 14, 2016

VEGAN EATS #9 : BUTTERMILK WAFFLE | EASY AND HEALTHY (Oil Free)



One of my favourite breakfast is usually always consist of carb, cause for me carbs is life! Literally!
Today I thought since I had time, I wanna make some waffle since my waffle maker has been sitting in my cupboard untouched in the longest time.



VEGAN BUTTERMILK WAFFLE

Ingredient:
- 1 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 cup of soy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Coconut nectar for topping
- Cut up fresh fruit

*Note: Combination of apple cider and non dairy milk will create butter milk like taste.

Direction:
1. Heat up the waffle maker.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder).
3. In separate bowl, mix the psyllium husk with mixture of soy milk and apple cider vinegar then mix well.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well until it create batter like consistency.
5. Add in the vanilla extracts and mix to combine.
6. Pour the batter in the waffle maker, spread the mixture well.
7. Close the top and let it cook for 5-6 mins. Remember to keep it on low heat, so it will cook evenly.
8. After 5 mins, try to lift the top up and if it's hard to open then leave it to cook for another minute.
9. After done, it's time to assemble.
10. You can use whatever fresh fruit you want, I'm using banana and strawberries this time.
11. Of course, waffle never done without drizzle of syrup, which I used coconut nectar instead.
12. Enjoy!

Literally best brunch for me myself only, or of course you can share with others!
xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig