Saturday, July 9, 2016

HOMEMADE GRANOLA | EASY AND HEALTHY (OIL FREE)



Hi I'm back again in the kitchen with another cooking video type post. I haven't been in the kitchen in so long, but now I am back I am extremely happy. Recently I have been running around feeling so stressed and totally got no time for any breakfast for myself. But I know breakfast is the most important meal that I shouldn't skip, I thought I wanna make homemade granola which is super easy and oil free with no refined sugar unlike you find in the supermarket aisle.
INGREDIENTS:
- 6-7 pitted dates
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp tahini

Topping: (You can play with whatever you desire)
- Seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- Chopped or/and nuts (Almond, walnut, pecan, peanut etc)
- Berries (Goji berries, raisins, Dried berries, etc)
- Shredded coconut

DIRECTION:
1. Preheat your oven for 180 degree C.
2. For wet mixture, Soak pitted dates for 1-2 hours to let it soften.
3. Blend the dates and add slowly tahini to mixture.
4. Add in the water from soaked dates for easy blend.
5. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (Rolled oats and all the toppings except the berries) and mix well.
6. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry and mix well again.
7. Line your baking tray with baking sheet and spread the mixture on top.
8. Spread well so it will bake evenly.
9. Bake for 15 mins.
10. Take it out and stir it occasionally while baking to prevent burning.
11. Let it bake again for another 15 mins or until golden brown.
12. After done, let it cool and add in the dried berries*.
13. Enjoy

Note: 
Adding the berries at the end is to prevent the mixture to burn. I have tried and failed so lesson learnt. 

A few way I love to enjoy my granola:
1. As a snack, just munching on itsown.
2. As cereal, serve with dairy free yogurt.
3. Serve with dairy free yogurt.
4. Topping for smoothie bowl.
Yum!






What is your favourite breakfast?
xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig