Wednesday, September 23, 2015

VEGAN EATS #5: CREAMY TOMATO SOUP



I have a problem, I'd like to buy a lot of things in bulk and not only that I'd like to buy a lot in one go which sometimes can be a good things where it means everything will be a lot cheaper, but sometimes it means I have tons of things sitting in my fridge I have to finish before buying again. And lately I realise tomato has caught my attention.
Last weekend I was like trying to clearing up my fridge and I found some tomatoes that have been sitting at the bottom of my fridge for quite sometime. Then I thought what, why not make some Sunday warm creamy tomato soup which is just warm and nice to have on that Sunday afternoon for both me and my brother which unfortunately having cold. But he seems to really like it, it seems nice to have a warm cup of soup on those sick day.

CREAMY TOMATO SOUP

Ingredients:
5 big tomatoes - cubes
1 medium carrots - cubes
1 big onions - chopped
4 cloves garlic - minced
2 tbsp ground smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tbsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp oregano leaves
2 tbsp bay leaves
4-5 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup water
coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste

Direction:
1. In a sauce pan, heat up 1 tbsp coconut oil. Then throw in onions and garlic and let it cook until it caramelised and turned golden brown.
2. Throw in carrots and tomatoes then let it cook until it gets tender.
3. Add in the all the spices.
4. Pour in the water and bring it to boil. Then turn off the heat.
5. Get your hand blender and blend them until it become smooth and no chunky cubes.
6. Turn on the heat again and add in the coconut milk and stir well.
7. Serve it up!

* coconut oil is great to use as it can resist cooking on really high heat, also it gives great flavour to the soup. But can be substitutes with any oil/ plant base butter.
* carrots will add more colour and it's full of vitamin and mineral, great way to add in more nutrients into the dish.
* Spices quantity nay vary depend on personal preference, for me, this taste just nice with a hint of hot from the chilli and cayenne. If you don't like hot & spicy food, you are welcome to skip it.
*Hand blender is a good and easy way to blend. But if you don't have, don't fret! Just use normal blender, but you may wanna let it cool down for couple minutes before blending,
*Coconut milk just give it more creamy texture and flavour.


Hope you guys enjoy!
xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig