Friday, March 27, 2015

Healthy Vegan Pancake Recipe.


Recently I have been watching tons of documentary and facts about veganism, and honestly I'm really intrigue in it. Find the here where I talked more in depth about it.

I'm always a lover of pancake, you may already know it if you've been following me for a while. I have posted tons of recipes with recreation for pancake. Then one day it stuck me hard when I decided to give up on animal product since usually pancake contain eggs. Then I googled up some vegan recipe then I gathered up a few recipes and here it is. Nobody realize it's vegan at all. It's fluffy just same as normal pancake but much more healthier packed with vitamin and nutrients.

You will need:
- 1 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 4 tsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2-3 tsp of cinnamon (or more)
- 2 large / 3 medium size banana (ripe and spotty)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of water

Topping:Shredded coconut, coconut flakes, and more banana

Direction:
- In a small box, combine ground flaxseed with some water. Stir well and let it sit for couple minutes. This will act as the glue as the substitute for eggs
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredient (buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon) and mix well.
- Get another big bowl, mashed the bananas until paste like and added the flaxseed paste, coconut oil and stir all well to combine.
- Now, it's time to mix in the wet ingredient to the dry ingredient. Stir well and slowly add the almond milk while combining. Stir all well into pancake like consistency.
- Heat up some coconut oil in the pan (or you can use PAM instead), then spoon in the batter on to the pan.
- Lower down the heat to medium heat, and wait.
- After the bubble started to foam up, it's time to flip.
- Continue repeating same steps.
- Then garnish with your favorite (I used some shredded coconut, coconut flakes, and banana coins)

It ended up with 3 serving and I save the rest of the batter in the fridge in an air tight container. It was vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free. Super healthy and super delicious!



Enjoy!
 xx


 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig